Looking through my fairisle and norwegian pattern books they show gloves, but no real pattern to do the fingers. So the adventourous type I am I decided to take EZ's mitten pattern and adjust to gloves with a little help from a Patons winter accessory patten book. They turned out well. I kept the finger pattern easy incase I wanted to rip them out or something. Next time I will be more creative with the finger patterns. I really like EZ's thumb method, doing as a after thought. I have done sock heels with the same method. This was the first time I have ribbed in two colors, it seemed to knit faster. Using two hand color knitting I wasn't wasting time moving the yarn to front and back. I will be wearing these gloves a lot, they are thick and warm using worsted yarn with size 3 needles.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Once I got my 12" turbo needles I knew I would be more willing to knit socks. I really have an issue with using DPN's and the ridge that I get when I knit. I have used Meg's hints and it kind of helps. Anyway, I can whip out mittens in a weekend with these little needles. I broke down to do a pair of socks. I roughly used a sock pattern I got with some previous yarn and set off. I used fisherman's wool and Patons for the green. I knitted ribbing in the middle of the foot so they won't bunch or slide, just like you see on sport socks. They fit great on me, but they are a gift so I have to wait to hear their response.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Monday, November 5, 2007
Like I said I would finish my "What will it be" sweater. The collar and front took longer than I thought. I tried EZ's button hole technique, it worked but I did something wrong or it is because I knit left handed, I had an extra little hole next to the button hole. I notice it, but I know no one else will. I changed my mind on the buttons, I guess I am not being green and recycling. The fabric store had buttons on sale. I am still deciding on the cuffs, I don't like the ribbing and I could still use a half an inch in length.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
I guess I am being green recycling buttons from some wonderful garment from days gone by. I found these great toggle buttons in Grandma's jar o' buttons. These will work great for my "what will it become sweater". The sleeves have been added to and ready to be sewn back on. I hope to have the whole thing done by Sunday, the only thing in the way is the start of UWSP hockey on Friday night, go Pointers!!