Thursday, November 22, 2007

Candy Cane Gloves

Looking through my fairisle and norwegian pattern books they show gloves, but no real pattern to do the fingers. So the adventourous type I am I decided to take EZ's mitten pattern and adjust to gloves with a little help from a Patons winter accessory patten book. They turned out well. I kept the finger pattern easy incase I wanted to rip them out or something. Next time I will be more creative with the finger patterns. I really like EZ's thumb method, doing as a after thought. I have done sock heels with the same method. This was the first time I have ribbed in two colors, it seemed to knit faster. Using two hand color knitting I wasn't wasting time moving the yarn to front and back. I will be wearing these gloves a lot, they are thick and warm using worsted yarn with size 3 needles.

No comments: