Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dubbelmossa

I decided I wanted to make the Dubbelmossa hat that has been available on School House Press. I have been knitting for over a week on it. This picture is from Sat night. The outside hat is complete and I am almost complete with the inside hat. This is the first time I have knitted with unspun Islandic. It is thin and you have to be very careful. I did pull the yarn apart a couple times but it was easy enough to twidle it back together. I am knitting a little over 6 stitches per inch, I think this is the first time for me. The hat is 144 stitches around. In size 8 needles I would a have sweater for a small women complete. This picture doesn't show it well but the hat is probably 18" long at this point. I will post the completed hat in the next couple days. I do have to work and walk.