Monday, October 15, 2007

Blue Norwegian Sweater

Finally got pictures of this project. It has been done for awhile, finding a zipper long enough was a challenge. This is a wearable practice sweater, I wanted to work on my two color knitting and pattern design before I worked on a full size wool project. The yarn for this sweater was a reasonable cotton acrylic blend I have had forever. The collar took a couple tries to get the roll and decrease right. I used all the techniques from EZ's book. I even knitted a lining over the sleeve seams. One I-cord finished the front cut line then I sewed the zipper in between the I-cord and the sweater, then another I- cord attached to the original I-cord to cover the zipper, it worked out well. It is keeping me warm today with the weather finally changing in Wisconsin.

No comments: