Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday

Decided to change my blog picture. I am over winter and snow. It is March and we should have warm afternoons and wet misty nights with the snow melting. I made it this long and enjoyed the winter weather, shoveling and driving and walking in it. Hopefully this weekend will be the last of cold and the warmth will follow. I took a little break from knitting, I did do a BSJ for a neighbor and working on a pair of mittens now. Regretfully I had two knitting breakdowns a couple weeks ago and took a couple weeks off, also I moved last week. I started two different sweaters both to be two color knitting, all over design. The first one's gauge didn't feel right, and I did a swatch and everything, I was getting tighter and I was going. So after 4 inches I took it off the needles and it was going to be about 3 inches to small for my liking and my pattern placement etc looked bad. Ten minutes later with the help of mom it was in two balls. Like they say fall of the horse, get back on and try again. This time I changed the stitch count and decided on a hem instead of ribbing, but I was knitting the inside hem first then turning and Ktog around to have it seamless. Well I don't know why it took me as long as it did to notice, but I had a twist in the whole thing. In my anger it was back in a ball in 5 minutes and I need a time out. Soon I will be starting another sweater wish me luck.

No comments: